Okay, I wasn’t going to blog about this, as I thought there was enough coverage on it already.
But Grandad just came up with this gem, which is well worth sharing.
So, to summarize the events of the last few days.
- Monster sends spam to a bunch of people on the it@cork list.
- Monster puts all the email addresses in the cc: line, so everyone can see them.
- Michele blogs about the spam. Calls up the offender.
- Monster offender seems unrepentant
- Someone posts on Michele’s blog, attacking him.
- Michele finds the IP and tracks it back to Monster
- Someone denies working for Monster, continues to attack
- Everyone else in the Irish IT community hears about the fun, and join in.
UPDATE: They did appologise.