At least they have a sense of humour.
In the last few weeks, they’ve been sending out “CNN Alerts”, in the hopes of luring you into clicking their malware infested links.
Now, they’ve changed to MSNBC (obviously to avoid the spam filters).
But this mail I received today is quite humorous.
msnbc.com: BREAKING NEWS: Stonehenge was ‘Part of Crazy Golf Course for Race of Giant Humans’
Thanks for the giggle!
I received this today.
Grandad, maybe you can enterpret this one for me.
Or perhaps you’d like to stock up on your missile stash?
I can only begin to imagine what the SPAMmer is trying to acheive with this one…
Black market is online again !
1. Heroin, in liquid and crystal form.
2. Rocket fuel and Tomohawk rockets (serious enquiries only).
3. Other rockets (Air-to-Air), orders in batches of 10.
4. New shipment of cocaine has arrived, buy 9 grams and get 10th for free.
5. We also offer gay-slaves for sale, we offer only such service on the NET,
you can choose the one you like, then get straight to business.
6. Fake currencies, such as Euros and US dollars, prices would match competition.
7. Also, as always, we offer widest range of child pornography and exclusive lolita
galleries, to keep out clients busy.
Everyone is welcome, be it in States or any other place worldwide.
ATTENTION. Clearance offer. Buy 30 grams of heroin, get 5 free.
Prepay your batch of rockets (air-to-air) and recieve a portable rocket-lacuncher.
For security reasons, please email me if you want to get address of our online shop.
This one has me stumped.
And a little disclaimer incase anyone thinks I condone this sort of stuff. I don’t. Its wrong, you should not be buying rockets, hard drugs, fake currency or kiddie porn online.
I can just imagine the search engine referals I’m gonna start seeing after this post hits the search engines.
And after all of that, they apologised.
It shouldn’t have happened in the first place, and Monster shouldn’t have let it grow to the point that it got to.
But they’ve apologised, and all is forgiven. I don’t think anyone will be forgetting about it any time soon though.
And, Grandad has his say too.
Okay, I wasn’t going to blog about this, as I thought there was enough coverage on it already.
But Grandad just came up with this gem, which is well worth sharing.
So, to summarize the events of the last few days.
- Monster sends spam to a bunch of people on the it@cork list.
- Monster puts all the email addresses in the cc: line, so everyone can see them.
- Monster offender seems unrepentant
- Someone posts on Michele’s blog, attacking him.
- Someone denies working for Monster, continues to attack
Monster, to date, has yet to appologise. Although they did try and intimidate Tom Raftery into removing his posts about it (complete with voicemail).
UPDATE: They did appologise.
Well.. that didn’t take long.
Suddenly I have hundreds of trackbacks waiting to be moderated.
I think not!
Stupid trackback SPAM.
Let the fun begin!
Next step is a Captcha on trackbacks, comments, and registrations…